APPLICATION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
AY 2022- 2023
The Commonwealth is pleased to again offer its local secondary education agencies and institutions of higher education the opportunity to obtain formal designation for Early College Programs. Designed collaboratively by the EOE, DESE, and DHE, program designation will entail a two-step process (“Part A” and “Part B”).
Early College Program Designation Application Companion Document 2022
This companion document is designed to provide important information on the Designation process and requirements, as well as context for the criteria to be met under each of the five Guiding Principles.
Designation Timeline (final dates coming soon)
- April 13, 2022 — Application and Companion Document available online
- April 14, 2022 – 3:00 p.m. – Early College Designation Orientation – This virtual Orientation will provide information for institutions seeking to learn more about an Early College Designation. Click HERE to learn more and register.
- May 4, 2022 – 9:30 a.m. – Early College Designation Orientation – Click HERE to learn more and register.
- June 3, 2022 — Letter of Intent due
- June 17, 2022 — “Nuts and Bolts” of Part A Application webinar. Click HERE to register.
- Summer 2022 — Office hours and individualized technical assistance available
- August 26, 2022 — Part A Applications Due
- September 2022 — Announcement of applicants advancing to Part B; application sent directly to applicants
- December 2022 — Part B Applications due
- Winter — Interviews held
- February 2023 -Designation recommendations reviewed by the Early College Joint Committee
Additional Resource: NS4Ed, in partnership with the MA Early College staff, has created a resource site to support the Early College community of practice. You are currently on the resource website. However, to access designation-specific resources, click HERE
If you are seeking additional information on Early College, please contact the Early College Program Director at Kristin.E.Hunt@mass.gov.