Massachusetts Early College Designation Resources
The resources on this page are designed to support Early College Program Applicants.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to read the full Designation Criteria document and Early College Program Designation Application Companion, both of which are linked to the right of this text box and at the bottom of the page.
Introduction and Concept of Early College – This section provides a rationale for the companion document, a current working definition of Massachusetts Early College, and an overview of the concept behind the development of early college programs
The Context of the Early College Initiative in Massachusetts – This portion of the companion document provides an overview of the Massachusetts Early College Initiative.
Early College Designation Process and Applicant Criteria – This section of the companion document provides an overview of the designation process and criteria applicants must meet.
Five Guiding Principles – Both the Designation Criteria document and the Early College Program Designation Application Companion (linked to the right) provide information about the designation criteria for the Massachusetts approved guiding principles of Equitable Access, Guided Academic Pathways, Enhanced Student Support, Connection to Career, and Effective Partnerships.
Timeline of Designation Process – Timeline for Early College Program Designation for program implementation and enrollment in the fall of 2022.
Guiding Principles PLC Sessions for Part A Applicants:
- Equitable Access (May 18, 2021) – Session Video – PowerPoint
- Guided Academic Pathways (June 1, 2021) – Session Video – PowerPoint
- Enhanced Student Support (June 15, 2021) – Session Video – PowerPoint
- Connection to Career (June 29, 2021) – Session Video – PowerPoint
- Effective Partnerships (July 13, 2021) – Session Video – PowerPoint
- October 19 – 9:00-10:30 a.m. – Effective Partnerships
- November 2 – 9:00-10:30 a.m. – Equitable Access
- November 16 – 9:00-10:30 a.m. – Guided Academic Pathways
- November 30 – 9:00-10:30 a.m. – Enhanced Student Support & Connection to Career
*To register for the Part B Guiding Principles PLC sessions, click HERE.
NS4ed Technical Assistance Office Hours – Every Thursday (beginning May 20) from 9:00-10:00 a.m. – Join Link (Password to join: MAECP)
Early College Designation Criteria – Massachusetts designation criteria for each of the five guiding principles.
Early College Program Designation Application Companion – This companion document is designed to provide important information on the Designation process and requirements, as well as context for the criteria to be met under each of the five Guiding Principles.